Hawkwind – Space Ritual (10CD+Blry Box Set/ 50th Anniversary)
160.00 € inc. VAT
· A DELUXE 11 DISC LIMITED EDITION BOXED SET OF THE CLASSIC 1973 LIVE ALBUM BY HAWKWIND
· THE ORIGINAL IS ALBUM NEWLY REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES
· WITH NEW MIXES FROM THE ORIGINAL 16-TRACK MASTER TAPES OF THE FULL CONCERTS AT LIVERPOOL STADIUM, SUNDERLAND LOCARNO & BRIXTON SUNDOWN BY STEPHEN W. TAYLER
· INCLUDES A REGION FREE BLU RAY DISC OF A STUNNING HIGH RESOLUTION 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX OF THE THE ALBUM WITH THE COMPLETE VERSIONS OF BRAINSTORM, TIME WE LEFT THIS WORLD TODAY & YOU SHOULDN’T DO THAT BY STEPHEN W TAYLER
· ALSO INCLUDES A REPRODUCTION OF THE RARE SPACE RITUAL POSTER FORMAT TOUR PROGRAMME
Atomhenge, the home of Hawkwind’s back catalogue, is proud to announce the release of a deluxe 50th anniversary edition of HAWKWIND’s legendary live album SPACE RITUAL. Recorded on the band’s UK Tour of December 1972, which followed the release of the band’s recent studio album DOREMI FASOL LATIDO. The live show was a continuous performance linked by poetry recitation by ROBERT CALVERT and was a complete audio-visual experience. Featuring the dancers Stacia, Miss Renee and Tony Carrera, the concerts also featured an elaborate light show by famed lighting designer Liquid Len. The Space Ritual tour followed the huge success of the Silver Machine single (although the song did not feature in the live set) and three concerts were captured on tape by the Pye Records mobile unit. The resulting double album was adorned with memorable artwork by designer Barney Bubbles and was a Top Ten hit in the UK upon its release in May 1973. This 50th anniversary limited edition deluxe boxed set comprises 10 CDs and a Blu ray disc and features a new remaster of the original album, along with new mixes of all three complete concerts recorded on the tour at Liverpool Stadium, Sunderland Locarno and Brixton Sundown, all mixed by Stephen W Tayler. The set also includes a stunning 5.1 Surround Sound mix of the album, along with a new stereo mix of the album, including the complete unedited versions of Brainstorm and Time We Left This World Today and the encore of You Shouldn’t Do That. The set is completed with a 68 page illustrated book with new essay and a reproduction of the rare Space Ritual poster format tour programme, making this boxed set the definitive release and this legendary album.